Monday, January 15, 2007


What's a fellow to do when it's so hot but sit in his waterbowl? It cools the undercarriage wonderfully and Mac recommends it to all who suffer from a hot tummy...

I'm all over the place in the sewing room, and I've got to get a handle on the situation. All these projects to be worked on, all of them clamouring "Me First! Me First!" and I just want to walk away and cut out something new.

I shall not!! Or at least not until I've made some progress on some of the others. Because cutting up fabric is so much fun and it usually inspires me to start on the old projects again too.

I've also made a resolution that this week I'm going to empty one of my scrap containers by cutting shapes for kits I've already started. I think Bonnie inspired me with her whole empty cupboard. Wow, that's a lot of material gone and must be so satisfying. My piddly scrap container won't be in the same league, but I can never seem to get to the bottom of even one. Surely if I pick up every single damn bit in the next week and ask myself "What do you want to do with this?" I can cut it for a kit, strip it, or ditch it.

I did bind a quilt yesterday, and I have the top, backing and batting for another one waiting to be assembled. It's not exactly quiltin' weather though, so that might not get done until it stops being sitting-in-my-waterbowl -HOT.

3 comments:

quiltpixie January 16, 2007  

Had a wonderful laugh at the dog in his dish... its about minus 40 here, so pictures of warm/hot summer are a welcome break!

good luck with cleaning out your scrap bin... it'll feel so good... :-)

Diana January 16, 2007  

I appreciate your sunny, warm pictures. It is cold and gray here, so we are longing for the sun. I hope you do get to empty one of your scrap containers. Stay cool!

Anonymous,  January 16, 2007  

I could sit in the water bowl all day at the moment LOL. Sunshine Coast is hot and humid and not even at the hot part of summer yet. The UFOs are calling me too, but I feel like doing something new. What's a girl to do!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP