Tuesday, November 09, 2021

Next...


The Chosen project at the moment is this medallion (for want of a better description) that is based on an antique quilt from ebay. I think. 


I thought it would be a good way to use up some browns and greens, of which I seem to have far too many in my stash. I didn't bother too much with the dimensions of the little block because I already had a bunch of 3" four patches made, and I could use them up too. Bonus. 


However the original quilt must have used much smaller measurements because my top is already quite large (it has to be folded to fit on the design wall) and I'm about 5 rows short of the old quilt. I was a bit sick of adding one row at a time and the project was a bit bossy about which fabric it would have where. So I put it all away in disgust. Wasn't working out, pout.


But now I want the whole cumbersome thing dealt with, so I'm adding another row, and then I'll hang it up in the workshop and see if I want to just stop, or put a border on it instead of more rounds. 


Decision time.

4 comments:

Gretchen Weaver November 10, 2021  

This is very pretty! Perhaps a narrow cream border with a wider brown or other color border? Happy stitching!

Rose Marie November 10, 2021  

Oh dear, I've had pout times too but then I put my thinking cap on and viola .... problem gets solved. You will figure it out and your quilt will be lovely, as usual!

Unknown November 10, 2021  

Pretty!

San / Gypsy Quilter Designs
www.gypsyquilterdesigns@yahoo.com

Littlepiecer November 11, 2021  

Love this quilt!, on my to-do list. It’s featured in the book Handfuls of Scraps by Edyta Sitar, she owns the antique, calling it Fourpatch Trip Around the World. And the blocks are smaller! 3x3 fourpatch unfinished. I’m not big on borders...quilt it, bind it, and take naps under it!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP