Saturday, November 06, 2021

November's focus

 


I'd like to document every top I've finished this year that hasn't appeared on the blog yet, because according to my notes I've finished nine so far. This is just a little top made with leftover 2" squares from Bonnies Jewel Box Star. It's so cute I'm thinking of making another larger top, it would be a good leader-ender for sure.


I seem to have decided that November is going to be a big push to get tops finished. I was inspired by Cathy at  Sane, Crazy, Crumby Quilting  who made a giant effort in September to concentrate on quilting a huge number of tops. No piecing or cutting or anything else. Now that's crazy!


It's taken me all of October to think it over and while I have amassed a huge number of tops throughout my years of quilting for others (and not myself) they don't seem to bother me that much. And no, Rose Marie from the comments, I'm not prepared to admit the number just yet. You would be shocked. You could probably think of a number and triple it....


What does bother me are the UFO's.... (think of a number and triple it) that I truly love and yet are stalled waiting for a simple decision that I'm avoiding. I would like to work on those this month and hopefully finish them or move them past the road block. I won't project a number, but I will earnestly try to get a fair few chugging along to the finish line. 


Should be interesting.....

4 comments:

Gretchen Weaver November 06, 2021  

This quilt is very pretty! I can't wait to see the other UFQ's you move along, happy stitching!

Rose Marie November 06, 2021  

The top is pretty and DONE! Yeah for you! Folks, I tried to get her to tell us how many, but she just wouldn't budge. Oh well, we can just sit back and see the beauties that she produces!

Cathy November 07, 2021  

You've made your goal!!! Now you have to meet it!! Move those UFOs forward!! You can do it!! Part of that goal plan is not to start anything new. And give yourself permission to work on several UFOS at one time but also you are not allowed to put them back away anywhere. You go, girl!! Good luck!!

This month for me is Nine Patch November. And I'm going to work on reduction of 3 and 6 inch Nine Patches.

Tazzie November 07, 2021  

I'm loving seeing all your finishes Mereth, it's so inspiring to see how much piecing you get done.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP