Sunday, March 07, 2010

Keryn quite rightly pointed out that I wasn't actually making Rolling Stone blocks, but a variation. I put the extra square in square block in the centre, thinking that would use up more, but it has changed the overall effect. The ring in the centre is missing and it has lost the circular movement.

Of course there was no other option, I had to start making the genuine blocks.

The other blocks will have to wait now until I build up some more scraps for them, so I needed a new project. And of course I don't want to be saved from my obsessions, I get so much done! I'm not nauseated yet, so I'll keep churning these out, and see how far I get.

9 comments:

Andrea March 08, 2010  

I like both versions actually but if I had to choose I would pick the first scrappier ones you've been making.

AMIT March 08, 2010  

It was a nice block from you.

indian classified site

pdudgeon March 08, 2010  

i love both blocks. and thanks for making these and showing the close-up pick. i had seen these blocks before but never realized how simple they are to make. they're on my list to do!
pam

Laura March 08, 2010  

These blocks are looking great too. I'm partial to the square in square units, so I like those better, but both set will make great quilts.

sewprimitive karen March 08, 2010  

I just love your posts :-).

Chookyblue...... March 08, 2010  

slight changed can make such a change to the look of the blocks

Karen March 08, 2010  

Oh, yes, I do like the new ones you are making. I hadn't really thought about what you called the first ones. Your new batch really does look like the traditional rolling stones blocks.

Jenni March 08, 2010  

There are a lot worse things to be obsessed about, that's for sure. I wish I could be that way about sewing and housework, rather than the computer. The blocks all look good to me.

julieQ March 08, 2010  

I like these blocks as much as your first set... Very pretty!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP