Sunday, October 18, 2009

My 'antique' blocks are set together and awaiting borders, but nothing jumps out of the stash as a likely candidate, so I might have to go looking for something in the shops.

These blocks were all handpieced, and I loved choosing my best fabrics for them. The sashing is a deep crimsony-pink rather than the red in the top photo, and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. It just took me about six years longer than I thought it would.
Keryn and I and the patchwork group are off on our annual excusion tomorrow, so I'm hoping to come home with a few border pieces for my problem projects. We're leaving at 7.15 in the morning, so I'm off to bed soon, no sewing for us tonight.

7 comments:

Karen October 19, 2009  

I really like this quilt. The blocks are very interesting. I like your fabric choices. Why did it take you so long?

YankeeQuilter October 19, 2009  

Love it...I'm thinking black will be in the border?

pdudgeon October 19, 2009  

oh yea!good suggestion! maybe a floral with a black background?

pdudgeon October 19, 2009  

p.s. or a brown floral background?

sewprimitive karen October 19, 2009  

Will be looking forward to seeing your border choice. It looks so great, very antique-y. Have a good time at your sewing retreat!

Sally in SC,  October 19, 2009  

I really do love absolutely everything about this one!

Meggie October 21, 2009  

Or maybe a really dark brown? It is hard when the photos dont show true colours.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP