Saturday, August 04, 2007



Hmmn, I wonder if this unit is called "Mary's blocks" because Mary Sue Suit perfected the method. I use her method of making flying geese units and think it's great.



But I still don't know what this overall block is called and Keryn had no luck looking in EQ6. We were discussing it and decided to name it ourselves. I could see the hourglass block in the centre, and was musing about the small amount of time they took to do, and I suppose Harry Potter was in the air; somehow we decided on Time-Turner. So that will do.


Five people will now email me and say it's called "Aunt Prudies' Choice", but I will henceforth refer to them as time-turner blocks. K?



I'm sewing these pretty puss-in-the-corner variations for a commission quilt for a baby, and I'm enjoying the soft colours and easy piecing. I can see that little quilts could be fun.


When I was scrabbling through the stash the other day looking for some backing material, I had to go through all the big tubs of lengths. They are huge and stacked on top of each other, and while I was man-handling one back into place I accidentally dropped it on my finger. Wow, did I swear a bad thing! I couldn't believe it would hurt that much, it's only a plastic tub filled with dozens and dozens of metres of fabric...


I was quite devastated that my stash would attack me after all our years together, and decided that it was the plastic tub's fault. I really hate having to unstack them and rummage to even see if the bit I want is in there. I think I'm going to finally get serious and fold all the long lengths onto shelves so that I can see them at a glance. When I lived on the farm the tubs kept out mice and insects, but we don't seem to have the same problems here, and they really are too unweildy for me now.


My weekend job is to sort out that problem, and I may do a rough count and see how much is there too. If I start getting scared I won't bother with that part.

So I have my work cut out for me but I have to remember,



sometimes it's nice to just sit and stare......

5 comments:

Melanie August 04, 2007  

I'm dying to make some of these blocks. I've got a few things to cross off "the list" first.I love the puppy in the window...

dot August 04, 2007  

I an going to have to try these blocks. They just look like so much fun. I have a few other things I need to get to first though.

Andrea August 05, 2007  

I think this block is actually called . . only joking ! I think your name is great ! I love the pretty puss in the corner blocks too. Simple but lovely .

Granny August 05, 2007  

No! Not a stash attack! :) Love your blocks.

meggie August 06, 2007  

Mac knows his priorities!
I love those soft colours too, for the baby quilt. You made me laugh with the 'turning stash'.
The scared bit.... I think this is why I dont count...

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP