Monday, February 03, 2020


Today I got an email telling me a number of new people had subscribed to this poor neglected blog. It made me feel bad that there's been nothing new to see for so long and I often think of writing again. Keryn has been quite diligent about posting and sets herself goals to do more. I'm still having technical difficulties so that most of the time I just give it up as a bad job. Must try harder this year.

I read a quote last year- unattributed unfortunately, that said " We do not live as we would wish, but as we must"  and for me that has  meant putting my life as I knew it on hold when these two little monkeys arrived on the scene. I still spend half my day helping with them and their big sister so the rhythm of my days is nothing like it used to be. Quilting for others has taken a backseat but I still manage a few hours of piecing for myself each  day.


The twins (who as you can see are nothing alike) are two and a half and an absolute joy to be around. I'm spending my time  in 'caring for others'  mode, but I'm so grateful that I can help. I know that their need for me will lessen, and it will be playgroup and then kindy and after that school. Their big sister Isobel started school this year and I can't get over how quickly she grew up. Time with little ones, especially at my age is fleeting and I'm treasuring this opportunity to play such a big part in their lives. Quilting for others will be waiting for me when I can get back to it.

I've had very few finishes in the last two years, but a tremendous amount of piecing has happened anyway. Now I just have to put some of the blocks together instead of starting projects all the time. I've been storing up ideas and my list of "Must do"s gets longer all the time. Hopefully I can get some pictures soon.

Keryn and I often mull over how the direction of our lives has changed in the last few years. Neither of us thought we'd be where we are, doing what we're doing at our age. But we're happy and still doing our patchwork and being so involved with our grandchildren is a privilege many others would envy. So, forward into the new year, and see what it brings.....




4 comments:

Sandy February 04, 2020  

Good to hear from you, Mereth. I'm looking forward to seeing what you are working on.

qypsyquilterdesigns February 04, 2020  

It's always nice hearing from you and knowing that the beautiful grandchildren are doing well. Send pictures when you can, we're always inspired by your quilting endeavors.

keryn February 04, 2020  

Yay! You did it! More please....

Suzanne February 04, 2020  

Reading your blog post today, and Keryn’s recent ones, is like connecting with old friends. Grand children and quilting- what could be better? Suzanne

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP