Thursday, February 13, 2020

 I seem to have several groupings of fabric that I've set aside because I want them out of my stash but I have no idea what to do with them. Such was the case with a heap of black florals from the 80's and 90's that had me completely stumped.

I was reading Monica's blog at Lakeview Stitching and there I found the perfect quilt to use them up, along with another group of material; pale florals and soft pinks and yellows. Bonus!


I had tremendous fun making the sawtooth stars and the very dated fabric seemed to take on a new charm when paired with some newer spots and stripes. It became a very pretty project which I'm anxious to finish.  I need to put the final round of sashing on and then a wider border of a fabric that Keryn declared was perfect for this. I'm hoping it will be my first finish for 2020.


3 comments:

Sandy February 14, 2020  

I love it. Hmm... I believe I have some similar fabrics that need to find their way out of my stash, as well. Hopefully soon.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) February 14, 2020  

That is so beautiful. I have been using older fabric with newer ones, and you are right, they fit right in and have new life.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP