Saturday, January 16, 2016

 My first finish for 2016 is the nine patch on point blocks, and I'm so pleased to have this done. I didn't spend ages agonising over the border fabric, which is somewhat unusual for me. I chose the floral as I was making the blocks and the others occurred to me soon after- I love making definite decisions and not dithering around  unable to make up my mind. This is such an unusual state of affairs that  I actually found myself thinking "Perhaps I should just try some other fabrics...." but I managed to ignore that piece of insanity.


I cut the plaid border along the actual printed lines, which took some time as it was a little bit crooked, and then carefully matched the print when I joined the strips. This  wasted some fabric in between the repeats, but I really wanted to have this effect around the main part of the top.



When I was pressing the dark brown print I realised that it too had a zigzag motif in the background- I hadn't even noticed it until then.

Unfortunately I haven't got a photo of it hanging up yet, I plan to go to the hall later on and I'll see if I can get a decent shot then. The top has grown to be quite large and won't fit on my design wall here.


Now I can sort out all the bits and pieces left over from this project, clear the tables, and on to the next finish!


1 comments:

Lori in South Dakota January 16, 2016  

Looking forward to seeing the whole quilt. Sending you some cool weather, Sunday the high will be -6°F. Please send some of your warm my way!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP