Monday, January 21, 2013

  I've got the Duck Paddle blocks well on the way to being a top now. I only have to sew a few more long rows and it will be in one piece, and then I can make the final decision about the border. The pink in this photo looks horribly bright, but is actually much softer in real life.

 Once again I used an old quilt from ebay as my inspiration. This was very faded and tattered- I wonder if it was used as a cutter quilt when it was sold.

I have to piece two more pink and navy Lemoyne stars and then I'll be finished repairing that top, and to keep myself amused I'm still playing with my little diamonds. I have quite a few stars made but I haven't come to any decision about what to do with them yet.
They're so cute!!

Look! An empty project box- or it was until I put another set of blocks into it.....
 

4 comments:

antique quilter January 21, 2013  

thats the way it is suppose to work finish a top so you can start a new project!!!
love the pink setting fabric,its a great quilt
Kathie

Jan January 22, 2013  

A finish is such a great feeling, and an empty bin, to boot! Your pretty quilt top looks very vintage. Must be all those yummy browns.
I've had fun with six-point star blocks, too. The 60 degree diamonds can be configured so many ways, and such a good handwork project.

Sue SA January 22, 2013  

The duck paddle looks so sweet, the pink really sets off the blocks. What's a cutter quilt?

Diane January 24, 2013  

Really pretty!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP