Sunday, September 26, 2010

I've nearly got my sewing room set up in the new place, which is actually the old place that I was living in before I moved to look after my mum. So it feels like coming home in lots of ways and I'm enjoying myself getting everything in order. But I haven't had any time for sewing and it's driving me nuts. And I don't count customer quilts as my sewing fix, that's work!!
This top was huge, and even though the backing was extra wide I still had to piece another bit onto the side to make it big enough. It was quite a job wrestling a 118" square bit of fabric around, and not good for the temper. But the quilt turned out lovely; done with my Featherme panto, and Keryn trimmed out the centre so that I could freehand some feathers in the white centre borders. The piece of fabric they surrounded was beautifully embroidered, so it was nice to be able to highlight that.
A friend dropped off this huge bag of scraps the other day, and Keryn and I had great fun sorting through it. Everyone was happy, our friend because she cleaned up her sewing room and got rid of the bits she wouldn't use, and we got to play around while we divvied up the spoils. I think we got the better end of the bargain though, I do love a good scap bag....
I don't have the internet connected at the other place yet, so posting will be sparse for a while.I'll do my best, and hopefully I'll be back in the habit of blogging regularly very soon.

8 comments:

Tamera September 26, 2010  

I'm looking forward to your getting the internet set up again. I miss your posts!

Tazzie September 26, 2010  

Wonderful to hear from you Mereth! I've been wondering how you were going with the big move.
The other day I was at a loose end at work and spent a little time trawling through some of your older entries. It was so much fun revisiting some of your older quilts.
Hope your internet is connected soon so we can have you back blogging along with us all.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Karen September 26, 2010  

The quilting is beautiful. The quilt looks like a beautiful tile floor.

Andrea September 27, 2010  

Hope you settle in soon and hurry up and get back to some quilting - lol xx

Leeanne September 27, 2010  

Really lovely quilting, I like your feathers.The centre fabric of this quilt looks just like a duvet cover I have. Aren't clouds wonderful free entertainment!

Brenda October 02, 2010  

Have missed your posts. Hope you get some time for you sewing soon.

Tamera October 02, 2010  

You are one of my recipients of the "Sunshine Award." You can check out my blog on Sat, Oct 2nd to read more about it! Thanks for being so great!

julieQ October 07, 2010  

Nothing like a big bag of scraps to brighten the work table...and cutting mat!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP