Tuesday, May 12, 2009

This is a top donated to the bushfire cause by our friend Sue, being quilted ready to join the stack to send. It's a scrappy star, and I've had fun looking at all the fabrics as I worked on it. I do love Scrappy!

The pattern is quite simple and was made from 4 1/2" by 2 1/2" strips, I might have to try one of these myself.

And this was going to be the back of it, but why not make two quilts to send? We have it on the machine now, and Sue can make two people happy with her generosity. This was made from 5" squares from a fabric club, cut in quarters and sewn into four patches, then joined into a postage stamp. Wow, there's a lot of different fabrics here, and I love looking at all of them.

And here's my photo of an old project; scrappy baskets that have been waiting far too long. Doing all these bushfire quilts has made me enthused about getting things finished, so these old UFO's might see the light of day soon. Or I might just cut out something new- who can tell?

4 comments:

julieQ May 12, 2009  

Very cool quilts, and so good of you all to donate them

pdudgeon May 12, 2009  

that is a beautiful scrappy star pattern! i love how different the fabrics are, and yet they all play nicely with each other.

love your basket block as well.

YankeeQuilter May 14, 2009  

Those are both really fun quilts. I like how the white star stands out among the scraps.

meggie May 15, 2009  

Lovely scrappy quilts, sure to comfort some lucky people.
Now what project shall I begin next??

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP