Tuesday, February 12, 2013

 And another top is finished! I started sewing these Duck Paddle blocks just to use up the pieces I'd cut as a kit years ago, but once I'd decided on the setting fabric and borders there was no stopping me.


I love the way this turned out, quite different from the way I'd intended to finish it but I'm very happy with it now.
The border fabric was leftover from a quilt backing years ago, and was from Spotlight originally, but I listened to what the quilt wanted and I'm glad I used it. The whole thing is very soft and pretty looking, despite the brown in the blocks. I love brown, and I'm itching to make another set of blocks in this colour combination. I haven't got it out of my system yet...

6 comments:

Meredith February 12, 2013  

Lovely quilt top. You are getting so much accomplished!!

I think the border fabric is perfect.

Sue SA February 12, 2013  

I love the rose border print, definately changes the look of the quilt to soft and romantic...perfect for this week!

Diane February 13, 2013  

I too love the border. The quilt could have been heavy and manly but instead it looks so sweet and feminine. Beautiful!

Sarah February 13, 2013  

Meredith - I addored this block so much I made a doll quilt and thought you might like to see it: http://sarahdidit.blogspot.com/2013/02/duckling-paddles.html

Grit February 13, 2013  

Fantastic quilt top. This work is so wonderful.
Greetings from Germany, Grit

antique quilter February 13, 2013  

beautiful border fabric, perfect choice, wow!
really like this block and quilt.
Kathie

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP