Thursday, April 19, 2007

Who can remember these Crosses and Losses blocks from over a year ago? They were leader-enders that I spoke of in this post. I've been brewing and stewing about them ever since, and tried out various setting materials and designs. I'd always imagined them set on point with white alternate squares, like a two-colour antique quilt I'd seen somewhere.
That looked really blah and boring, and nothing else took my fancy, so into the drawer they went, to mature. (or fester, depending on my outlook)
One day I'd taken them out to try and get them to approve a setting (my blocks are very insistent, and if they don't like an idea they tell me about it, loudly) but nothing was working AGAIN. In disgust I threw them onto a pile of fabric that I was using for a customer quilt. That night I dreamed about the fabric they were lying on, and I saw a setting for the blocks in perfect detail. Amazingly, when I woke up I still remembered it, and when I went into my sewing room and laid it out the blocks said "FINALLY!!" and I knew I could go ahead. It's taken me a while to get to it, but I've never had a moments doubt since that morning about what to do. Never before or since have I dreamed a setting, but it certainly solved the problem!


This photo is horribly washed out and this isn't the setting- just to be a tease. The blocks are sewn into strips with these setting triangles, but I'm not telling where they're going next. Let's just hope my computer behaves and I can post when it's nearing completion.

7 comments:

meggie April 19, 2007  

OOh the excited anticipation! I hate to wait!
I have some odds & ends I am waiting for inspiration for. They are strangely quiet at the moment.

MARCIE April 20, 2007  

I love those old fashioned looking blocks and know they will be fabulous when you get the top completed. You can't beat blue and white!

YankeeQuilter April 20, 2007  

Isn't it wonderful when a dream/plan comes together! Love how soft and vintage it looks.

Mary Johnson April 21, 2007  

I like this fabric a lot with these blocks. My guess is that your going to use a strippie set from here and sash them vertically?

Kairle Oaks April 25, 2007  

Looking good so far. I really love the blue! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

swooze April 25, 2007  

I love your choice! Looking forward to the finished product.

sewprimitive karen April 27, 2007  

Wow, you're even thinking about quilting when you're sleeping! Will be looking forward to seeing the actual setting because those colors and prints are really pretty.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP