Tuesday, May 23, 2023

A finished top....maybe?


I finished my top that I was agonising about, having run out of the gingham material I used in the sashing. Or rather, I didn't have enough for the final round. I really didn't want to introduce another fabric so I just moved on to another project. 



Then I realised that if I just cut 2" strips instead of the  2 1/2" sashing in the rest of the top, I could squeak it out. Maybe. I did have to piece some of the scraps together, but I made it in the end. 


I don't think the difference is a big deal, but the binding will chew up some of how much of the gingham shows, and I have no idea what I'll use for that. More agonising, or perhaps a small border? The decisions slow me down every time, sigh


Here it is spread on a queensize bed, so it could use a little bit extra round the edges, hmmm.....

1 comments:

cbott May 23, 2023  

I can't help but think that these agonizing moments, and the solutions created by the creaters, are what give quilters in following generations the most interesting things to talk about. Embrace the quirk!

Carolyn

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP