Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Antique Chain top



I started these blocks to use up scraps of large florals and some charm squares in early 2020. I posted about my progress here.


The alternating blocks were so easy to make that I still have about fifty in the Drawer of Requirement, ready to start off another one.

The photo makes it look a bit patchy and very busy, but in real life I think it just seems rich and textured. The addition of the large brown floral border contained the fabrics and pulled it all together.


I used this square just above the centre, so that I could tell which way to put the quilt on the bed. The couple playing Blind Man's Buff  (or bluff) seemed to demand attention anyway.


This pattern sewed up an enormous amount of hard to use scraps, and went together very easily, so I'm thinking another one, perhaps as a lighter variation will be in the works someday.

4 comments:

Gretchen Weaver February 15, 2023  

This quilt is beautiful! And it looks like a simple one to make, I definitely have to keep this project in mind. Happy stitching, Happy Valentine's Day!

cbott February 15, 2023  

I'm always on the lookout for patterns that make hard-to-use fabrics behave nicely, and this one certainly does!

One wouldn't think cotton can "spoil", but how else to explain fabrics we couldn't resist somehow going 'bad' over the years?

Carolyn

Gypsy Quilter Designs February 15, 2023  

That's a very pretty quilt. Great use of color and texture.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Sandy / Gypsy Quilter Designs

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP