Thursday, December 16, 2021

Nearly done

My little blocks are in one piece, awaiting a final border to be sewn on. 


I'm pleased with my use of odd bits finishing up this top. The setting squares were leftover from the medallion top, although I did have to cut a few more. 

The setting triangles were a very long strip from a customer backing that had been hanging around for years, and I cut them using a Companion Angle, so that the long edge wouldn't be on the bias. They were cut oversize so that the blocks could float a little before the border was added.


The border will be some long strips from another backing that a longarmer friend gave me ages ago, and they have been paired up with the blocks for all those years, waiting for inspiration to strike. I haven't done the final measurements, but I may have to make some little corner blocks if there's not quite enough fabric to go around.

 Finally, all those bits and pieces will be put to good use. I don't really know why this gives me such a sense of satisfaction, far more than if I were just using yardage from my stash. I guess only other scrap quilters would understand...

2 comments:

Suzanne December 16, 2021  

I love it- and I get it!!

Jan Mac December 16, 2021  

I totally get it. I also get more enjoyment from finishing mine, or other's, UFOs. It looks great. Xx

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP