Saturday, April 21, 2012

I have been busy changing my little cottage around, and I think I've moved every piece of furniture over the past few weeks. I love shifting things around, and when I lived in a huge farmhouse it wasn't much problem. The boys used to groan when I'd say "I've had an idea...." as that usually meant a few hours of helping me lug wardrobes and cupboards around. Now my house is so tiny that I feel like I'm living in one of those tile games where you can only move one square at a time. Even things that I didn't want moved had to be taken out so I could squeeze other things past them. What a kerfuffle!  But everything has been shuffled to my satisfaction now, and I just need to repack some books and I should be back to 'normal'.

I've been sewing in between work and the shuffling, but I need to spend at least a whole morning working out settings and fabrics for a couple of projects. I'm pretty well stalled on them until I can set the blocks out on a design wall, so I may have to go up the hall for that. And there's at least two other projects that need fabric auditions to get things moving, and that always makes a Huge mess.

In the meantime I set these Lemoyne stars together into a little top, and now I'm puzzling about borders for it. Decisions....arghh!! Is there no end to them? I supppose one of the reasons I like Patchwork is that there are so many variables, but when you don't have any real idea where you're going it can be a pain. Once I know where I'm headed the actual sewing is nothing.

3 comments:

Sue SA April 21, 2012  

I know the feeling ...I am stuck for borders on two projects and trying to resist the lure of going to buy more fabric!

sewprimitive karen April 21, 2012  

What an incredible analogy about the tile puzzle game! I recently rearranged also and love the new setup. Can't wait to see what you do about those borders. Do something outrageous to entertain us LOL!

Henrietta April 30, 2012  

How big is it? Is it big enough to not need a border at all?

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP