Friday, January 21, 2011

I was cutting a pile of brown fabric for my latest project when I read Jan Mac's blog and suddenly all I wanted to do was dig in the scrap bins and start cutting for some donation quilts.
Keryn and I made a lot of quilts for the bushfire appeal, and it felt so good to be able to do something constructive. The floods in Queensland and Victoria have made me want to sew for others again, and Jan's post was the encouragement I needed.

So I've made a huge mess, and I'm scrabbling and cutting and sorting and working out what I'm going to make.


First up I want to do one of Bonnie's Scrappy Bargello's, because it's so easy to cut for- you only need 2 1/2" strips 16" long. As most of my scraps aren't width of fabric, this will find a use for them. Anything smaller is getting cut for Keryn's Half and Half, or Happy blocks. I figure if I get too many 16" pieces I'll make a Scrappy Trip around the World from Quiltville too, as that uses the same pieces.There's enough in this container for a lap sized quilt, but I haven't finished yet, there's more piles waiting.
Look at the pile of trimmings already. It's so good to get all these bits and pieces out of the way.
Dolly is teaching Pippi how to beg nicely, and who could resist those little white paws?

3 comments:

Meggie January 21, 2011  

You are going to be very busy!
Love that photo of Dolly and Pipi!

Jan Mac January 21, 2011  

Wow what a lovely compliment Mereth. I'm always inspired by the many antique quilt patterns you show and regularly read your blogs, but didn't realize that you also read mine LOL.
Thanks very much for linking to my blog about Oz Comfort Quilts too.
Hugs Jan Mac

Henrietta January 27, 2011  

Do you think Pipi will get lighter in color with age? She has the most adorable back toes, looks like she has a French manicure.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP