Sunday, January 17, 2010

I finished the Bricks and Stepping Stones and if you like purple it's great. I used one of my pantos called Indira, and I love how it turned out.
Very nice on the back.
I loaded this top Saturday afternoon, longterm readers may remember it from this post.
It has another top as it's backing, and as I finished quilting it at 12.30 pm I haven't unloaded it from the frame yet. I don't know how square and centred it is, but here's hoping it's alright.
I sewed these blocks together, but haven't got an overall photo yet and I finished the set of blocks that I can't show you. So day one of the marathon was pretty productive, roll on day two!

8 comments:

quiltmom anna January 17, 2010  

Mereth,
I love purple so I think this quilt is great. The pantos pattern is gorgeous. I love how the black sets off the rest of the colors.
Thanks for sharing.
Warmest regards,
Anna

pdudgeon January 17, 2010  

definitely some beautiful quilts!
you really have been going gangbusters, there. we'll have to call you the Queen of the Quiltathon. Very nice panto!

Amy January 17, 2010  

ohhhhhhh.....the quilting is LOVELY!!!!! Really makes me envious.

Laura January 17, 2010  

I am really in love with the purple one now that I see the whole thing. Purple is definitely my color! If you ever want to sell that quilt (seriously), drop me a line as I would be interested.

tirane93 January 17, 2010  

i love the indira panto! i thought there was a sidebar link on your blog for purchasing patterns from you, but i can't find it. would you email me about it?

as always your work is lovely!

Anonymous,  January 17, 2010  

Wow, you were very productive indeed! I love love love the purple bricks and stepping stones, and especially the quilting which shows so well on the backing. One reason I like plain backings so much! I have a flimsy of the same pattern in brights, and after seeing yours, I must dig it out and get it finished.

antique quilter January 17, 2010  

wow a bit of purple! LOL
I LOVE the last quilt , wow using that as the alternative fabric was such a great choice. VERY pretty quilt.
I agree you have had a very productive day
Kathie

Lori in South Dakota January 18, 2010  

you use my kind of fabric! And after seeing your purple stepping stones, I made a blue one with a bit of purple.

http://tinyurl.com/yh25p7l

I love to make that pattern.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP