Wednesday, February 28, 2024

I started some Jack in the Pulpit blocks years ago, 2013 to be exact, gulp. How can they be nearly eleven years old? I don't understand how time just seems to disappear like that.


 I had fun choosing different fabrics for a fairly muted look, because I didn't want a high contrast between the shirting backgrounds and the coloured portion of the pattern. But when I came to find a sashing fabric anything dark just overwhelmed the blocks and medium fabrics were too wishy washy, so I moved on to something else. Every now and then I'd pull them out, have a play, get discouraged and pack them away again.


 Last year in a bout of complaining to Keryn about my lack of success she suggested this fabric, which is actually a brown print that reads as a warm grey...


Hmmm, maybe....And before I knew it I'd set them all together. We agreed on a large border print to go around it and then life intervened and the bundle sat and sat. I kept thinking how easy it would be to finish the top, now that the decisions were all made, but unless I actually sew the borders on it won't get finished. Duh!!


So the next time you see this it will be sporting a wide floral border and I can tick it off the list. (Fingers crossed)

2 comments:

cbott February 29, 2024  

The finish line is in sight! How good to have your twin as a sounding board/motivator. I've recently become involved in a group of quilters and long-languishing projects are moving out the door again, finally having a purpose in life. It's such a good feeling, isn't it?

Carolyn

Gretchen Weaver February 29, 2024  

This is so pretty! Your quilt is going to be lovely and hopefully quilted soon. Happy stitching!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP