Saturday, March 05, 2022

Like the rest of the world I've been thrown off balance by the events in Ukraine and my normal sewing for solace doesn't seem to be working. I'm not doing much doom scrolling because I know I can't handle it, but there's enough news around that I'm still appalled over the tragedy of it all.


There's also some upheavals happening on the home front which I won't go into but Keryn and I are making schedules of things to happen and then rewriting them and rewriting again. It seems as soon as we make plans all sorts of spanners come flying into the works! But we'll get there.


I was putting some trimmed triangles away last week and the little drawer I keep them in was absolutely full. I've been in a bit of a funk since I finished my last top, so I decided I would just sew some together and see if I could make a bit of space in there.


So I sorted and spent one session sewing the repro scraps together...

Yep, this is relaxing and fun pairing them up....


All ironed nicely, now to trim the dog ears and count them up.

These are 2 inch HST that will finish at 1 1/2 inches, so that little drawer is around seven inches long. The stacks in front are about 140 squares in total. That's 280 separate triangles. How did they all come out of that container? I barely made a difference at all, so I decided this would be my MAD challenge for March, Empty that Drawer!! The HSTs would all shuffle off to another large container that hosts the finished squares and I could actually see some progress in dealing with scraps. Challenge accepted.


to be continued...

2 comments:

cbott March 05, 2022  

Mindlessly pairing up triangles and sewing them into squares--the fabric balm that soothes the soul. I've been there, and may take a deep dive into my own triangle pile someday very soon. I'm thinking scrappy Snail Trails.

Tazzie March 05, 2022  

You and I are having the same experience, I am trying to keep away from the socials as much as I can, but news filters through and it’s distressing. It’s hard to settle to anything, so I’m thinking I should try what you’re doing and set some goals. It feels good to check things off a list.
I hope you’re able to navigate whatever it is you’re facing up there. Sending hugs your way.
*hugs*
Tazzie

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP