Friday, January 07, 2022

2021 wrap up


Blue square in squares

In 2021 I finished ten tops, none of them very big. I made dozens and dozens of blocks for various projects, but a lot have become stuck on the choices for borders and settings. I cut a huuuge amount of material and 
scraps up, but I don't count it until it's a finished top, so there are no figures for that.


Green album






Cobblestone corner

I finished this top with a small border, but never got a photo of it because it was such a hassle getting it back up on the design wall.

flannel staircase in repros


flannel improv scraps

baby flannel staircase 

Shirting four patch

I also finished a little cross baby quilt.

baby cross

pastel 16 patch


Jewelbox star

I spend a minimum of four hours in my sewing room every day, not all of that at the machine, but lots of cutting, sorting, designing, musing. It's more than my happy place, it's my sanctuary and I love it. I hope to spend just as much time there in the future, but it's not really about the productivity and how many tops I get done. It just makes me happy and centred to be in my room, pottering away.



5 comments:

Rose Marie January 07, 2022  

You had a very productive year. It's good to have a happy place to sit, create or dream.

Tazzie January 08, 2022  

I’m so impressed, you got so much dine last year, I love it! The sewing room is my favourite place too, it’s never a chore to spend time there. Hope you have a great weekend l
Hugs, Tazzie
:-)

Tazzie January 08, 2022  

Oops, darn autocorrect! Haha!

Judy in Missouri January 09, 2022  

I love your sentiment regarding your sewing room, it is a sanctuary!

Carolyn January 10, 2022  

So many beautiful finishes this year! I've just retired and am looking forward to spending more time in my sewing room this year, as I've finished very little in recent years, chronic pain and a toxic boss are not a good combination! Looking forward to many productive years ahead...with you as an inspiration!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP