Tuesday, June 16, 2020


Years ago I made these Arrowhead blocks from some of my oldest stash fabric from the seventies and eighties. Yikes, that sounds Vintage, yet my real vintage stash is from the fifties, even further back in the mists of time. This fabric is just Old, but I still liked a lot of it.


I hand-pieced twenty of them, over the span of a few years and then they sat and waited for another few years. A couple of months ago I decided their time had come and they were going to be set together, no matter what.
I made a heap of little square in square blocks and chose a sashing fabric with almost no agonising



 and in two nights the blocks were together.

Now I have to decide whether to add a border of pieced diamonds, I'm thinking it might be nice, and I still have some of that fabric in my stash.

2 comments:

Sandy June 16, 2020  

I love the fabrics from that era. Your quilt will be lovely with or without the diamond border but yes, if you have the ambition, go for it!

Terry June 17, 2020  

It's beautiful! The Cornerstones add just the right element, and the sweet floral border ties everything together so prettily! I love it!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP