Thursday, April 02, 2020

I don't know how many times I've heard people say "The world has gone mad! and indeed it seems so. There are security guards standing next to the toilet paper to stop fights and checkout staff are being assaulted in the supermarket of our nearby town. I've witnessed several incidents of sheer rudeness that makes me wonder at the nature of some people. Oh well, I'm trying to be cheerful and still chat nicely to others no matter what.

My DIL and I are sewing masks for a home cleaning company that can't get proper masks and for anyone else that wants them. It can't hurt, and leaves the proper ones for the people who need it most. We have extra "help" from two enthusiastic staff, who love to be in the thick of things.

Our wonderful coffee shop has been reduced to takeaway only, so no more long chats over a Vienna or long black. We'll keep supporting them for as long as possible; I hope they don't have to shut completely.


It looks like we're in for a very long haul here but it's worth it if we can spread the infection rate out. The news from Europe and America is appalling and my heart goes out to those who have lost someone.It's hard not to be apprehensive about the future but at least as quilters we can put our sewing skills to use and help with things like masks. We're lucky to have an interest that will sustain us in the months ahead and keep our minds and hands busy. While others moan about being bored we can get on with all the projects we haven't had time for!

6 comments:

Dianne April 03, 2020  

Hi, Mereth,

Do you have a good pattern for the masks you are making? I'm trying to make a few for ourselves and our neighbors here in California. Found a few patterns on the Internet and tried them out yesterday. Still looking for a good, easy pattern that's quick to produce.

We arrived here on January 26 and were to return to New South Wales on April 28, but that's on hold now until we see how things develop. We are sheltering in place in our little village here, where we fortunately have a small, well-stocked grocery store right across the street. All parks are now closed, but we can go for walks in our neighborhood, which helps for fresh air and exercise. Both of us are doing fine, visiting with family and friends via FaceTime or Zoom.

Stay well and safe!

Cheers,

Dianne

Sandy April 03, 2020  

How distressing that some people are acting out so horribly during this crisis. I like your attitude - be kind and smile. For some reason your blog isn't appearing regularly on my sidebar lately, but more like after two or three (or more) of your posts. Don't kmow whats up with that, but it wasn't too hard to catch up anyway. I love what you did with those charm squares a few posts ago. I'd also seen that vintage quilt on Pinterest. Perfect! Stay safe, my friend.

qypsyquilterdesigns April 03, 2020  

Oh my, fights over TP! Insanity. Here at our local Wal-Mart, things haven't gotten quite that crazy. Although, I am running in to more crankiness here lately. Thanks for your updated blog post. Do take care!

Karen April 03, 2020  

I read a newspaper article about why people are obsessed with purchasing toilet paper during these times. Wish I had saved it. Diarrhea is not one of the symptoms of the virus. It had something to do with a part of the brain that goes into survivial mode when challenged with things that we can't control. It causes you to start wanting to hoard supplies like some other crisis such as stocking up before a hurricane. I have not heard of having a guard to keep things under control in the shops.

Jim Handy man April 12, 2022  

Hey good blog !!! Thank you for sharing the information. Great blog and great post. This is really helpful for me, waiting for more new post. Keep blogging !!! Jim handyman fairfax VA offering handyman services in northern Virginia town.

Mfg Empire October 06, 2022  

I would like to say this is a well-informed article as we have seen here. Your way of writing is very impressive and also it is a beneficial article for us. Thanks for sharing an article like this. mfg empire provide best web design for manufacturing services Thanks

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP