Tuesday, May 03, 2016

 I finished another small top, again set with white but at least it shows up on my green design wall. I started this last November I think, to use up some bright scraps and blogged about it here. I did expect this to be the first top to be finished this year because it wouldn't have taken much time at all, but somehow other projects got in the way. Last weekend I was determined that it would be finished before May began, and it only took me a few hours.


Lori in South Dakota had finished her quilt and written to remind me to check the way the ribbons were twisting- she discovered her mistakes too late. My top was much smaller than hers, but I nearly went cross-eyed checking and rechecking the orientation of the blocks before I sewed them up. My ribbons are set in a mirror image, while Lori's strips were all facing the same way, so they are slightly different, but still easy to put in the wrong direction. I'm pleased with the effect, and think this will make a nice cheery crib quilt for someone.

7 comments:

Sue SA May 04, 2016  

Absolutely great pattern from such simple blocks and even better that it uses up scraps. Thanks for sharing!

Leeanne May 04, 2016  

I love this quilt! The fabrics, the layout, pretty! May I PIN one of your photo's (with reference to your blog of course) to my Pinterest board of quilts I would like to make??

Leeanne May 04, 2016  

P.S....funny I have just finished a customers quilt using one of your sister's panto patterns!

Gypsy Quilter May 05, 2016  

Such a bright and cheerful quilt!

Lori in South Dakota May 14, 2016  

I like it with the mirror image setting! Yes, your eyes do go wonky after a while. 😉

Bag End Gardener May 19, 2016  

I hope it's OK, but I have nominated you for one of these Liebster Awards.
This is what you are supposed to do:

Write a post on your blog which links back to me,
Copy and post the Liebster award picture,
Answer the questions I've set for you,
Choose a new list of questions,
Nominate and notify your bloggers

The details are at this post on my blog

Lori September 30, 2016  

"I nearly went cross-eyed checking"

ROFL!!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP