Monday, May 25, 2015


 I sewed the borders on my four patch top, at last. I love this grey brown fabric and I think it calms down the busyness of those blocks nicely.

I like the way the yellow border doesn't turn the corner, it makes things a little bit different.

I've been calling this block "Abacus" because the little squares looked like beads on a rail to me.

I enjoyed making the four patches, and setting them on point in the block.  I might be making more of them at some stage, I don't feel as if I've finished with them yet.

For something that is completely outside my usual colour choices I've been playing with some bright scraps, making lots and lots of 2" half square triangles. It's been fun, but I do adore my more sober reproduction fabrics.


3 comments:

Brenda May 25, 2015  

I adore everything about this one. I think it needs to become a pattern.

JeniceD May 26, 2015  

I love this quilt! I have some of the border fabric you used and have never been able to find the right project for it. You have created the perfect quilt for it. Thank you for the inspiration!

Sandy May 26, 2015  

Nice repro of the antique, Mereth! Thanks for the link to the Stella Rubin site. Kept me up half the night ~

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP