Monday, January 26, 2015



I just remembered that I have a finish I haven't shared with you. I was sewing the blocks for the border as leader-enders during the last few weeks , but I quickly realised that it would take me forever that way. There are nearly as many 16 patch blocks in the border as there are in the body of the quilt. So I made this my major project and sewed like crazy to get it done.
 I love the big checkerboard block in the corners, it almost looks like the piecing is the background and the blue squares are floating on it.

I wasn't quite sure that my idea of using the navy print as a constant along the edge would work, but I think it added a special touch. Sometimes you just have to take a chance on these decisions, because I didn't know if I liked it right up to when I sewed the first side on. I just knew that I wasn't making  those blocks again, even if I hated it!


4 comments:

Jan January 26, 2015  

This latest creation is one of my very favorites of yours - and that's saying a lot!

Barb January 26, 2015  

Wow, that's a beauty. Love you design sense-spectacular!

Sandy January 26, 2015  

You made the right choice with the blue around the border. IMHO, that is. Nice!

Rose Marie January 30, 2015  

Beautiful and those blue squares in the outer row really work!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP