Sunday, November 04, 2012


 Here's one of the  quilts I did in the last few weeks. I thought it was a pattern by Dianne Johnston, but I can't see it on her website. It's very large and complicated and the applique was beautifully done. There were many expanses of white to fill up, and it took me a while to decide what to do.
I'd already done another applique quilt for this customer, and I didn't want to do the same type of feather.
 These are a bit different, and each one covered a lot of ground, so it's not too dense. I find large patterns harder to do, the tight, small motifs are easy by comparison.
  The customer was happy, and rewarded me with three more tops, one of them applique flowers on a black background. She certainly keeps me on my toes, and she's 80 years old. Pretty blooming amazing if you ask me. I hope I'm still sewing like this when I'm her age!

2 comments:

Leeanne November 04, 2012  

OMG....I hope I'm as busy as her at that age too! What a lovely quilt. Your quilting is perfect.

Hanne November 08, 2012  

Waw, Its beautifult.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP