Wednesday, August 22, 2012


 I managed to put together this set of blocks, which have been maturing in their box for quite a few years. I just love sq in sq units and these blocks used heaps of them, so I really enjoyed sewing this. (I have another set of thirty in just blue and cream, but I won't mention them now...)
 I've lost the photo of the antique quilt I based them on, and couldn't remember what the border looked like.

I tried a sort of sq on point border, but it didn't do anything for me, and the top has been sitting on the design wall while I tried out different combinations. I think I've finally decided what to do, and I'll start sewing strips tonight with any luck. Stay tuned...

The other night at John's place he was making us a cup of 'proper' coffee, and when he put the cups on the table we discovered... a line drawing of a bottom
and a sort of mythical creature. He swore he did nothing to make these happen- must be his artistic talent coming out in strange ways.


6 comments:

sewprimitive karen August 22, 2012  

The top is wonderful, love the soft print as the alternate. Amazing you could catch such good photos of John's sorcery :-).

Meredith August 23, 2012  

Great Quilt Top. Looking foward to the borders. I bet the antique did not have applique on it. But when I saw your top I thought of an appliqued border.

Jan August 23, 2012  

Such a nice block. Looks great set on point with your choice of fabric for the alternate block. Curious to see the border - and the blue and white that you failed to mention ;)

Franie-Jay August 23, 2012  

That's a lovely quilt design! Thanks for sharing the mythical creature and bottom in the coffee cups - I had a good laugh - who knows soon he may be 'reading' the tealeaves. Cheers from Fran.

Eileen C August 25, 2012  

Beautiful! What size are those blocks?

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP