Friday, April 21, 2006


I feel so guilty that I haven't posted for a while, but life is as hectic as you could imagine. There is some painting going on- the brown sample square has been voted blehhh and the wall may end up green, who knows. The rest of the room will stay cream, this is a very long sunroom built on to the main house and I think it needs to be light and airy. It's 32' 9" and 11'9" across, so it's going to take a lot of furniture to fill it up. The other end has a slow combustion stove, and we lit it and sat around it last night, after a busy day of shifting.






This is the fireplace in Mum's room, bit over the top do you think? Or just plain gorgeous.





















This is a small top I made from leftover strips that Keryn gave me. She usually passes on the bits and pieces that she's sick of, and I love getting parcels of scraps and strips to play with. I've got the backing and batting folded up with this and it would only take a few hours to quilt, but it will have to be after we've all settled in at the new place.








This is the side view of the house, I can just imagine sitting on the verandah, or on the bench under the tree, looking at the roses that line the path. I do love gardening and there's lots of scope for flower beds here, I can hardly wait.



4 comments:

Caitlin April 21, 2006  

That fireplace is GAWWWWWGEOUS!!! Your little house looks so comfy already!

The Calico Cat April 22, 2006  

It all looks lovely, the quilt, the space (I'd go with a green - celadon), the house...

Nines April 23, 2006  

The house is charming! Love the rich colors you are using. Very warm. There's nothing as exciting as a new house and making it a home. Putting yourself into it. Have fun!

Sandra April 24, 2006  

Love the fireplace, love the quilt - what a great sister to have. Wish my sisters/aunts sewed. Love the house - that stone is just gorgeous - reminds me of Adelaide! The sunroom sounds like a great size for a sewing room LOL.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP