Tuesday, January 30, 2018


I decided to throw one of my little tops on the machine and try to have a finish in the first weeks of the year. These string blocks were an ideal place to experiment with freehand baptist fans, which I'd been meaning to have a go at for ages. The mistakes don't show very much and it wasn't too big so I could finish in a few hours.

I would definitely use this pattern again on a bigger top, but not for a customer, I need bit more practice before that. Now I just have to do the binding and I can say I've got my first finish  for 2018.

3 comments:

Sue SA January 30, 2018  

Baptist fans are my favorite quilting pattern, looks good from where I am standing!

gayle January 30, 2018  

Woohoo for a finish! Those fans look like fun!

Karen January 30, 2018  

For free-hand, you fan designs look very good. I wish I could do as well.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP