Sunday, January 22, 2017

 The last week has been crazy busy, shifting not one but two family members to new homes. I haven't been able to sew or work on any project but I'm hoping that things calm down soon. I haven't taken photos of my Garden Party, which I want to post about, so I'll show this little top I made from string squares.


 These were made years ago from the offcuts of quilt backings and a half metre of blue and white plaid. I was going to throw these blocks out, but I'm glad I didn't after all. I love string piecing but I'm not comfortable with the process, for some reason. Too messy, too random, I don't know what it is, but it stresses me out after a while.
So there might not be too much string piecing in my future, but I love the results when I do try it.

2 comments:

Karen January 23, 2017  

I like blue and tans together. I have done string piecing but never a completed project with the blocks.

Gypsy Quilter January 25, 2017  

It's a great scrappy quilt with just the right amount of contrast. Good for you for finishing it.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP