Sunday, November 13, 2016


 The Wedding Ring turned out great, but there was a lot of quilting in this one. I don't like quilts that are micro stippled or pebbled; this density is enough in my book. I didn't have enough time to get good photos before it was picked up and the light wasn't co-operating.

I had fun doing the repeating design in the middle of the rings,


but the border was another type of fun. Lots of feathers to fill in some very weird shapes.


I had to completely bind it as well, and it overwhelmed the tables, and seemed to go on forever.

I had nine binding strips, which I thought would be enough, but this happened.

Fortunately I had the fabric to cut another strip- I only needed about 6" extra, but had to unpick some of the already sewn down binding so that I could position the joins further away from each other. I didn't care at that stage- the end was in sight! I turned the binding and sewed it down  by machine, which seemed another marathon effort, but finally it was completely done, in time to be picked up for the wedding a week later. I hoped they liked it.

4 comments:

Karen November 14, 2016  

The applique makes for a beautiful quilt.

Barb November 14, 2016  

Exquisite, what a wonderful priceless gift!

QuiltinLibraryLady November 14, 2016  

Such a beautiful quilt, and I would say the amount of quilting is just right.

Sue SA November 14, 2016  

Amazing quilt, I think the maker must have been glad to finish it as well, all that applique and flying geese!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP