My second finish for 2016 is Scrappy Mountain Majesties. Forgive the picture, I should have ironed the top before I took photos, but it was so hot in the workroom I didn't want to turn on the iron. I have the backing already chosen for this so when I've done a couple more customer quilts I want to get this quilted quickly.
I'm pleased that I didn't let these gifted fat quarters sit around in my stash. They've all been chopped up and the leftovers from this top are in the strip drawers. I probably should have used a darker blue for the borders, but I wanted this piece of fabric gone from the stash too, it's been hanging around for at least a decade.
This pattern is so simple and went together very quickly. I'll certainly keep it in mind for the next time I need a quilt in a hurry. And it seemed to make these old fabrics a lot prettier together than I expected.
This top used 6 metres of fabric, so I'm up to a total of 14m for the year. I really did think I'd have more projects finished by now, but it's been a very busy start to 2016.