My first finish for 2016 is the nine patch on point blocks, and I'm so pleased to have this done. I didn't spend ages agonising over the border fabric, which is somewhat unusual for me. I chose the floral as I was making the blocks and the others occurred to me soon after- I love making definite decisions and not dithering around unable to make up my mind. This is such an unusual state of affairs that I actually found myself thinking "Perhaps I should just try some other fabrics...." but I managed to ignore that piece of insanity.
I cut the plaid border along the actual printed lines, which took some time as it was a little bit crooked, and then carefully matched the print when I joined the strips. This wasted some fabric in between the repeats, but I really wanted to have this effect around the main part of the top.
When I was pressing the dark brown print I realised that it too had a zigzag motif in the background- I hadn't even noticed it until then.
Now I can sort out all the bits and pieces left over from this project, clear the tables, and on to the next finish!