Tuesday, November 24, 2015

 I'm still working on the borders for my red and green split nine patch, but I realised I hadn't shown you my Blue Chains top which I finished a while ago.

I really love how this turned out, just like the original antique one. It used up heaps of blue and shirting pieces and the blocks were so easy to put together I never got sick of them.

I like having both dark and lighter blues in the top, it adds movement and interest, but I've been wondering about a real two colour quilt, just one blue fabric and one white. I'm not ready to tackle it yet, but I'm definitely thinking about the idea.

I haven't decided how I'll quilt this, but I can see a nice old fashioned cable in that shirting border for a start.


3 comments:

henniker November 24, 2015  

Beautiful. What is the name of the block?

Anonymous,  November 29, 2015  

This quilt top is beautiful! I love all the blues. Have fun quilting her. Blessings, Gretchen

Lynda (Granny K) January 03, 2016  

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your beautiful grandson. You quilts are amazing!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP