Monday, April 13, 2015

 I saw this quilt on ebay years ago and loved the unusual design. Quite by chance I found it again recently on the Stella Rubin Antique quilt site. I had about four of the blocks sewn together, and lots of four patches but they were scattered around in various places in my sewing room.

I found the blocks that I was looking for, as well as all the containers of random bits I'd sewn together as leader-enders. Once I'd put everything in one place I had enough to finish the twenty four blocks I needed. I then had to make sixteen half blocks for the sides, which seemed to take more time than the actual blocks.

I decided that I had enough pink sashed quilts in the works, and I'd change the colour to something else...this yellow is a bit brighter than my usual choices, but I'm liking it. The colour is off, it's darker and not as vivid as it looks in the photo, but still very cheerful.

I don't know what I'll do for the borders yet, but I still have piles and piles of four patches left over. They really are the perfect block for leader-enders, which I suppose is why I ended up with so many. They may end up in a border or they might be the start of another top, but I'm not sick of them yet and it's nice to always have them on hand.


About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by 2008

Back to TOP