Tuesday, February 05, 2013

I've been on a border kick just lately; one of my New Year resolutions was to actually finish some of the tops that had stalled at this stage. I've been pulling out heaps of fabrics to try against a number of projects and I've finally made decisions that I (and the tops) can live with. It's sooo satisfying to get them out of the drawer and into the pile waiting to be quilted.  (We'll tackle that little hurdle somewhere down the track.)

 This Double Pinwheel is rather old, started in about 2001 I think, once again from an ebay photo. I originally planned to just leave it without a border, but it needed ...something. The colours in this photo aren't very true to life, the border fabric looks a bit dingy but it's much nicer in reality.
  The blocks were tremendous fun to make, I thoroughly enjoyed sewing all those little pinwheels, which made it more annoying when everything came to a halt over whether or not it needed the border, and then what fabric to use.
I've put the borders on another top started around the same time but haven't got photos yet. And I've got the strips cut for the Duck Paddle border- I'm on a roll here!

3 comments:

Sue SA February 05, 2013  

That sure is a lot of pinwheels, but certainly worth the effort. The border fabric was also worth the wait, love the two tone stripe. Hope the hot weather doesnt slow you down - thank heavens summer is nearly over!

Jan February 06, 2013  

Love this - so classic!

antique quilter February 13, 2013  

I have a nine patch pinwheel quilt started ...
ok love that border fabric oh my your lucky to have enough of it for a border, its sooooo pretty.
thanks for sharing.
Kathie

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP