Saturday, October 06, 2012

Oh my goodness, where was I? We've been racing around for weeks printing and packing orders and finally it's all over and done with and life can go back to what passes as normal.  I feel so discombobulated though, it's hard to pick up the threads again.

The machine quilting conference was great, lots of people to catch up with and all the excitement of a big event like that.  We finished putting up our booth and I stepped back to take a photo- the batteries in my camera were dead. No worries, I'd bought the charger, so I put it on overnight, went to take a photo next morning and the batteries were still dead. So no photos and I need a new charger.

I caught up with some blog readers, and Tazzie came by and said hello- at least I could recognise her, having met in real life before. It was lovely to see her again, and to talk with some faithful readers who keep hoping we'll go back to more regular posts.

I had been working on Bonnie's Pineapple Blossom blocks and I managed to sew them together before I got too busy. I did like them set straight together like this...

but when I laid them out with sashing it used up all of my extra cut pieces except for one- that seemed a sign! It's so good to empty a container completely, no more bits hanging around.
I still haven't worked out a border for it, and how to use the HST that resulted from making the blocks, but I'm thinking on it. I might piece them into the backing or sew some smaller blocks or spread them out in the borders.

But the garden is calling at the moment; we've had a few hot days and it's a reminder that summer is coming and the plants need to be repotted or put into beds with soaker hoses and mulch to protect them. Our season of Spring lasts about two weeks, so there's a sense of urgency for me. Those dreadful hot days with horrible north winds will soon be here and I want to get ready for them. For now the weather is being kind, and I do love puddling around with pots and dirt and watching the buds on all the flowers get bigger every day. And my new roses are going to bloom soon, I can hardly wait to see what they're like.

1 comments:

Tazzie October 06, 2012  

It was great to see you too Mereth, it's been way too long. I love the Pineapple Blossom quilt you're working on, the green is just lovely.
Be sure to enjoy the rest of your weekend, and chatter soon!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP