Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Back to the customer quilts after a much needed break.
This colourwash heart needed extra rows in the centre and the borders added to finish it, which I did last week. Then it was loaded on Millhouse and custom quilted with allover feathers. I had great fun with it, just going where I pleased.
The fabrics in this were beatiful, it must be fun to collect them over time.
Of course more feathers in the border....In my sewing room I returned to these blocks (must see if they have a proper name) and now have twenty sewn.
They were good fun to piece, but now I don't know how to set them.

Straight, with sashing....
or on point, with setting squares?I'm going to have to have an audition session, with fabrics and different settings and probably graph paper involved at some point. I just hope the final decision doesn't involve me making more blocks, because I'm ready to go on to something else.

9 comments:

Kim October 19, 2011  

Mereth I know I say I love these blocks every time you show them, but I can't help it...I do love them! I love that straight set! Can't wait to see these come together!

Andrea October 19, 2011  

For what it's worth I love the straight setting - they are great blocks xxx

rosie October 19, 2011  

You have done some beautiful quilting on your customers quilt..
I love thoses squares on point... just to be different!!

Sue SA October 20, 2011  

My vote is for straight set with sashing and I think you have more then enought for a beautiful big quilt. Happy quilting Sue.

Jan October 20, 2011  

I like it set straight, too. Can't get enough feather quilting!

sewprimitive karen October 20, 2011  

I like the straight set; they're so pretty! Your machine quilting is too gorgeous.

Seonaid Emmerson October 22, 2011  

Well I was going to say I like the straight setting but I think everyone else has already said it for me. Also, do I even get a say since I'm not a quilter? :-)

Maria October 23, 2011  

Oh I like them in the straight setting with a lovely sashing of red maybe... :)

Sheila October 24, 2011  

I like the quilt both ways... very cute. And happy belated birthday wishes! Here's to a another wonderful year.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP