Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The year is getting off to a busy start and the two weeks I took off in the New Year are a distant memory now. The tops keep coming in, which is good for business, but bad for my own sewing- sometimes I'm too tired when I get home to face my own projects. I need another holiday!

This beautiful emboidery top was very large and because it was for a four-poster bed, with cutout corners, I had to load it upside down. This made it harder to work out all the cute sayings, but both Keryn and I used to pride ourselves on being able to read upside down so it kept my interest. (This is a useful skill to have if you're nosy about what people sitting opposite you are writing or reading)
Then there were these five wallhangings, all the same pattern but slightly different fabrics,

and this row by row, the second one I've done of this pattern.

This little wallhanging was made by one of our local childminders, a lovely lady who seems to have the patience of a saint and is always surrounded by little ones. These blocks were embroidered using some of the children's drawings, and they were absolutely gorgeous. It was very entertaining to work on this!

There were also two quilts that were picked up before I could photograph them, and the big applique quilt that Keryn blogged about here.

Lots of quilting on that one.

I've worked through the last two weekends, and I still have one big custom quilt to do before I can take a break. Phew!

And remember my purple Bricks and Stepping Stones? It has now gone to America to live with Laura, who fell in love with it and wanted to know if it was for sale. It never hurts to ask, and so this was packed up and got to it's destination in a week, pretty darn quick I reckon.

8 comments:

Karen February 17, 2010  

Was the large embroidered blocks quilt all from one pattern or a combination of embroidery patterns?

pdudgeon February 17, 2010  

you certainly have been busy!!!

great work as always. that's quite a varied collection of quilts. love the one done by the kids, that will bring back some memories for sure.

sewprimitive karen February 17, 2010  

I love everything you showed, especially the children's drawings; love those big chunky people they drew.

Enga Krahmer February 17, 2010  

Hi,The blanket with the embroidered items at the top of wahnsinn is yes, then great, but everything else what you do is beautiful
loving greeting from Germany
Enga

Laura February 18, 2010  

Love that first embroidered quilt and yes, being able to read upside down is quite a handy skill to have. I've used it many times :-).

I know how you feel not getting much sewing time. It's tax season for me :-(.

Thank you again for selling me that gorgeous quilt! I love it!

Kerri February 19, 2010  

Fun quilt show! What will you do on the embroidery blocks? You must be very tired. I do one queen/king and I want a couple of days break, lol! Kerri( fellow statler owner)

julieQ February 22, 2010  

First of all, I love all your work on the customer quilts...lovely! I hope you can take some time to enjoy your own work...that is all important too. Have a super week!

Meggie February 22, 2010  

What a lot of lovely work, you have been kept very busy!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP