Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Double Reel/ Jacobs Ladder is done and waiting for it's binding.I used Keryn's Square Spiral panto and it turned out very nicely.

I used cotton as the batting, so I wanted it to be quilted fairly densely and evenly.
It actually looks better on the back with all that piecing.
It's fairly straight but not centred, the side borders are slightly different widths. If it was crooked I wouldn't have been happy but on a bed you never see both sides at the same time so what will it matter?


This is the Little Crosses set together, after years of arguing with me about what they wanted to be. Now I have to got through the whole process again as I find out what sort of borders they'll consent to have, but I'm liking it so far.

It's nice and soft and old-looking.

I finished nine more blocks for my unshown project to make a total of twenty.
I now have piles of half square triangles already sewn from my mystery project and a stack of pink and cream HST for a UFO.
I sewed the two complete Flying Crosses blocks and the units for four more,

and then I unpicked the borders on this top that I finished a while ago. I'd never been happy with the width of the navy border, so I bit the bullet and unstitched them. Not that much work, and I'm pleased with it now.

And that's my Marathon,- I got heaps done, and now I'm off to put my feet up. Thanks Judy, it was fun!

8 comments:

Laura January 18, 2010  

WOW, you have really been rocking and rolling this weekend! Great job on all you've accomplished. I love the reversable quilt. I try to make my backs interesting when I can to get a "2 for 1" deal, but I've never used another entire quilt top for the back. That's a great way to whittle down the UFO list.

Anonymous,  January 18, 2010  

LOL! I'm exhausted just READING about everything you managed to accomplish. The quilts are looking fantastic.

Jenni January 18, 2010  

Wow you two have been busy. Love the quilts you have finished. The dense quilting is fantastic, and I love the Indira design.

Brenda January 19, 2010  

I'm exhausted just reading what you've accomplished. As always beautiful. Even though I'm not a huge purple fan I love the Stepping Stones Quilt.

Meggie January 20, 2010  

What fun I have had catching up with all your productivity! Love the purple bricks & stones.

Karen January 28, 2010  

It is always a treat to see the quilts you have finished and the ones you are working on. I am serious about that.

julieQ January 31, 2010  

What fun you have had! Love the tgexture that first pantograph gave to the quilt; it is just so flat and square. Wonderful!

Lynda (Granny K) February 07, 2010  

I love your quilts so much!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP