Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Before Christmas I managed to get my Yellow Orphans top quilted and I love how it turned out. The panto was one of Keryn's, Leaf Litter I think.

I used another UFO to make the backing, a set of twelve blocks that I started about 15 years ago. I had to surround them with large strips of fabric so they look a bit lost in the centre, but it's the back- who cares? I'm just glad they're out of the cupboard as well.

All the blocks were the same pattern, a sort of framed Shoofly, but the materials used made them look different. Somewhere along the way I just lost interest, but they've been put to good use now.


Now I have to get the binding finished, but it's already made and shouldn't take me long..

Matthew carved the cold meats on Christmas day, and you can imagine that any little scrap he dropped never even made it to the floor. The dogs had a wonderful dinner of all the leftover meat scraps and pan scrapings and the egg yolks from the pavlova- urggh. They loved it, but I preferred the salad and cheescake, thankyou.

6 comments:

Meggie December 30, 2009  

Awww, how cute to see the dogs waiting so expectantly! Our dogs got sneaked treats too. Honey must have had one too many & she was sick on our quilt on our bed on Boxing Day morning. She is ok now, but she seems happiest on a regular diet without too many luxuries.
I love that quilt, bot sides!!
Love for 2010.

pdudgeon December 30, 2009  

great way to put those orphan blocks to work! i love the panto too. I've been working in my stash drawers and have 'found' three quilts to make from scraps so far.
Best wishes for a Happy New Year!

Diane December 31, 2009  

What a fabulous quilt. I really had to study those blocks to recognize them as orphans! Beautiful layout...and backing...and quilting!

Laura December 31, 2009  

Love that back and the dogs are precious!

julieQ January 01, 2010  

Your quilt has such wonderful textue with the quilting! Love the yellow and pinks together. I am glad the dogs got some Christmas joy too!

sewprimitive karen January 01, 2010  

Such happy dogs. Another quilt done, and it's a beauty!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP