Monday, June 30, 2008

As promised here are mug shots of my quiltathon sewing.
I have a green lounge, and I've been wanting some quilts to put on the back of the chairs. If I make another one it will have to use 'nice' geens from my stash, because I've used all the old icky ones in this. Happy Keryn?
The Lady of the Lake was my 'freedom' quilt, started when Matt was a baby. When he was a year old I used to put him in Childcare once a week, just so that I'd have some time to myself. I rode my pushbike everywhere, with a babyseat on the back for Matt,and I'd drop the older boys at school, then pedal over the river at Victor Harbour to the centre. After I'd said goodbye to him, I'd jump back on my bike and ride furiously home, happy as a lark because I knew I was going to sew all day until 3.30. I started this top and a Greek Cross, and I always associate them with that sense of freedom I had on my 'day off'.I had lots of leftover triangles from the top, and I sewed them into pinwheels, then into blocks of nine, and there they stalled. Wanting to use some of my orphans, as Keryn did a while ago, I decided to piece all these bits together for the back. Some stars, some trial blocks that never went any further, and some four patches that were kicking around. It's not a thing of beauty, and the seams will add some thickness but it will do.

And this monster, which looks a bit pale, but it's just my photography; it's much more colourful in real life. I'm sooo glad to finish this, and I have the backing fabric ready to piece too. Lots of fabric busted there, this is queensize. And this is a customer quilt, talk about bright! It's such fun to work on tops that use colour combinations so different to my tastes. I get the enjoyment of the fabric without the hard work of piecing it together.

7 comments:

Cornfield Quilter July 01, 2008  

As always, such wonderful quilts!

Days and colors July 02, 2008  

So many beatiful quilts!!!
Your mini quilt is adorable! I love to sew minis and miniatures, they are such fun to make!

meggie July 02, 2008  

Your quilts are lovely! I have been thinking of using a block similar to your green one.
I love the brights! Customer quilt is lovely too.

Jenni July 02, 2008  

How busy you've been Mereth! I like the one with the different greens in the border - it looks nice.

sewprimitive karen July 04, 2008  

You have accomplished so much! They are just beautiful, especially love the greens and the "monster".

Helen in the UK July 04, 2008  

Wow - lots to show from your quilting efforts! Congrats on all your finishes :)

Anonymous,  July 06, 2008  

WONDERFUL QUILTS! And you got so many done. I especially love the pinwheel quilt. I wonder what it would have been like with a couple pinwheels thrown in the border?

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP