Friday, October 26, 2007

How exhausted am I? Let me count the ways....

I don't think anyone realises how much effort goes into hanging a quilt show until they are involved themselves. This is the third show I've helped with, and even though I'm so tired now and Everything Hurts, it was a lot of fun too. Of course I forgot to take my camera to the hall with me, so I didn't take one shot of all the quilts going up,but I was too busy anyway.

We had been wondering if we'd get enough quilts, as there are only 12 members in our group, but other quilters in the district dug in their cupboards, and came to the rescue. At the end of the day when we were putting Viewers Choice numbers on them, we tiredly put the last sticker, marked "100" on and thought we'd done pretty well for such a small group. I'll run up the street this morning and take photos when the display opens so that I can show you what it looks like.

Keryn and I are having the workroom open too, and these photos are of that space. We've been up and down ladders, carried mountains of quilts and other furniture around and totally wrecked both of our houses dragging this lot together. Now for the next three days we'll sit in here (I'm going to work on some applique) and greet the public, and tell them about the new business coming to town. I'm looking forward to it!

7 comments:

Diane October 26, 2007  

What gorgeous quilts. I can't wait to see other photos of the show.

Chookyblue...... October 26, 2007  

nothing like having open studio to get yourselves organised.........hope all goes well.....wish I coould come but I am a little far away.....

Shelina October 26, 2007  

Happy belated birthday. Looks like a wonderful show planned - all those quilts look beautiful.

Rose Marie October 26, 2007  

Have a great show and for 12 members plus friends, you all did good!

meggie October 28, 2007  

What a lot of effort you girls put into all that. Wish I could have visited & enjoyed.

loulee October 28, 2007  

Wow, everyone worked so hard, all the quilts look fantastic.

Anonymous,  October 30, 2007  

You and your band of helpers did such a gorgeous job of this quilt show. I wish I had been there. Love the wedding dresses idea too. Those quilts that I can see are amazing!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP