Sunday, September 02, 2007

Matt came in with some photos of the lunar eclipse the other night, I didn't even know about it.
And the iris are coming out, the curves of their petals are wonderful. I'm so glad I bought Matt this camera (can't even remember what it is, Fuji Finepix something I think ), he's never without it and it gives him a great interest. He could be boozing at the footy and instead he's documenting flowers for me, what a good son!
Click on the photo and look at the colours in those petals, I've got some veined hand dyes that would be perfect for that.

4 comments:

loulee September 02, 2007  

Indeed, a wonderful son!

Helen September 02, 2007  

Hi Mereth

Fab photos of the eclipse. I saw the beginning of it and then the clouds came over so I missed the orange part.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I haven't actually got around to using the finger grips yet, but I have got the raffle quilt ready for quilting. We are sending it to Bev Dyke who does absolutely wonderful quilting on her home sewing machine.She was featured in NZ Quilter a while back.

Anonymous,  September 02, 2007  

The Iris is one of my favorite flowers. I live in North Dakota and my irises are one of the few flowers that consistently survive the winters, LOL (and the animals).

meggie September 03, 2007  

We had glorious Irises like that in New Zealand. And I photographed the ones in the Botanic Gardens in Christchurch, but they were such disappointing pics. An old camera, before digital.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP