Monday, June 25, 2007

I've been given a crash course in working the Statler while I've been here. I'm a bit of a technophobe, and when we were here two years ago I couldn't make head nor tail of it. But this time I seem to have come to grips with the basics and I've completed my first quilt on it. With a lot of guidance from Keryn and Kaye of course, but I still did a fair bit of the work.

I've said before how vertically challenged Keryn and I are, she's 5 foot and a fag end and I'm five foot high. We couldn't see what we were quilting, so Bruce took pity on us and carried in huge timbers to make us a platform the length of the rails. Now we get lots of comments about 'walking the plank' but at least we've got a better view. I can't believe how different the world looks when you're 6" further off the ground!
I think we got a bit carried away on this simple little top, but it was a good learning experience and I don't feel so intimidated now.

Keryn's patterns are lovely and I had fun choosing different ones to sample in the blocks.

Lots of quilting everywhere, and it looks nice on the back too.

11 comments:

Melanie June 25, 2007  

Your quilting is gorgoues...Looks ike you had fun...

sewprimitive karen June 25, 2007  

Oh goodness the quilting is so pretty...so's the quilt top...

meggie June 26, 2007  

I am just pulsating green!!
You lucky lucky girl!!
Looks like it is all fun fun fun!

Diana June 26, 2007  

Lovely, lovely quilting! It looks like you had a really good time.

atet June 26, 2007  

Oh what fun -- and the quilting is exquisite! As somone who is not that much taller than 5' (5'4 1/2" to be exact) I empathize with the vertical challenges.

dot June 26, 2007  

Looks like your having fun and the quilting is wonderful.

Judy June 28, 2007  

I think the quilting is marvelous!

Shelina June 29, 2007  

It certainly does look great. You do lovely quilting. I understand vertical challenge as well. So nice you can walk the plank while you quilt.

Anonymous,  June 29, 2007  

The quilting is amazing!

Helen July 03, 2007  

The quilting on that is great. How much does one of these beasts cost? More than I can afford I suppose.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP