Friday, June 01, 2007

Mereth is back home, still without internet access, and nursing a sore mouth after having a tooth out. That's not nice at the best of times, but when you're jetlagged and sleep- deprived it must be awful. Poor thing.

She will cheer up when I finish making the bookings for our trip to Sydney for the quilt show at the end of the month. We usually meet there every second year, and have a great time catching up with old friends and making new ones. We have a long list of internet buddies, and every time we go to Sydney we meet another few in person, which is always great. And sometimes they DO look like you'd imagined.

The picture is a Churn Dash top that Mereth made more years ago than I care to remember. I think it was last century. It's been waiting for me to quilt it, but I have been shamefully neglectful. I'm looking forward to putting something nice in those setting triangles; this pineapple is from her Elaborate pack, and I digitised those designs last December. I could quilt this top while I am in Sydney at my friend Kaye's place, and Mereth would love to watch the Statler doing it's thing on her top. That's a Plan!

What I want to know is, why don't I have any of this material? Another bit she didn't share with me. She maintains that she had the merest scrap, a mere nothing, not enough for even one person really. Yeh right!

5 comments:

Chookyblue...... June 01, 2007  

Okay Keryn your days are numbered. Mereth will be back on line soon. Is that why you put another one in. Hope you do get this quilted while you are in Syd. Hey I might be going to Syd also. Crossing my fingers at the moment. Hope Mereth is feeling better.........and back online soon although I have enjoyed your blogs about her work....bye for now...

dot June 01, 2007  

This is a great quilt. I look forward to seeing the quilting in the near future.

meggie June 02, 2007  

Welcome Home Mereth! We will be able to report you have taken good care of the blog, Keryn!
How exciting for you to be able to get together at the Sydney show
Your quilting plan, Keryn, looks wonderful!

YankeeQuilter June 04, 2007  

So hope she is eeling better soon. Love the quilt. Holding out on stash aye...is that like leaving off an ingredient in a favorite recipie?!

Anonymous,  June 05, 2007  

The pineapple quilting pattern is VERY pretty!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP