Saturday, April 07, 2007

At last I'm back to the checkerboard blocks after my little detour.
While I cut out some of these blocks from my nice fat quarter repros,using two fabrics per block, my favourite ones were pieced from the bits in my precut 2" squares container. I had great fun sorting them out and making the oddball combinations, and it cleared out most of the repro fabrics from that drawer. I don't have a lot of 2" strips or squares because that's a size I tend to use over and over and they never get a chance to build up.


I think this will have a few borders around it next, but I haven't quite decided which way to go.I've had family for Easter and two long term visitors are expected within the next few days, but I hope I can still get lots of sewing time. I must be getting old and set in my ways, I love seeing them all, but it's a relief to get back to my routine.

3 comments:

YankeeQuilter April 07, 2007  

I love the vintage feeling this quilt has...very fun. Have a great Easter.

meggie April 08, 2007  

Looks very nice indeed. I laughed at your comment about how you look forward to getting onto your own routine- so do I!
I love having friends, & rellies to stay, but love that feeling of peace when they go.

Kairle Oaks April 12, 2007  

The pink and browns look charming, Mereth. I can't wait to see what you do for borders.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP